Latex2slides is a simple graphical program that produces a set of
HTML/JPEG slides from a TeX or LaTeX source.
Alternatively, the source can be a multipage postscript, DVI or PDF FILE, and the image format for the slides can be set to PNG.
Here is an example. Please see the
documentation for more detailed information on the program.
- 27 October 2003, latex2slides 1.0 (stable) released.
Release notes and ChangeLog, or
- 27 February 2003, version 0.9 (beta) released.
The new version allows the use of thumbnails for navigation in the index.html page.
- 3 January 2002, version 0.8.1 (beta) released.
- 13 December 2001, version 0.8 (beta) released.
- 12 December 2001, a
mailing list for latex2slides is now available.
It should run on any UNIX system matching the following:
You probably have all this software already installed in your system.
Many thanks to:
- The many contributors to the project.
- Freshmeat, for hosting a
project page for latex2slides.
- Sourceforge, for hosting another
project page for us.
- The University of Delaware, for
hosting these pages.
The thousands of people who donated part of
their spare time to make
I write the code and test it in Linux, and all the tools I use are
free software, including:
- Python/Tkinter for coding
- help2man and man2html for the man page and documentation
- The gimp for the logo and kiconedit for the icons.
- Vim for text editing
Leo Milano, under the
GNU General Public License